Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another loss in under a month. R.I.P Cyrene

I am destroyed.  My husband is also. 

Our second youngest cat Cyrene was 5.  She contracted Leukemia from Leelu.  We didn't know she had it because we thought she was grieving leelu but she took a sudden turn for the worst, stopped eating, and went into liver failure. The night before we had her put to sleep, her ears turned yellow, so the next morning when we woke up her ears were yellow. 

We had to take her in Yesterday.

Pixie my oldest cat is all alone now in a new home, where it is loud and where I am almost always sad.

Cyrene was full of so much life, and love.  I will never forget her and at this point dont know how to even process how i am feeling.





3 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry to hear of your second loss. I know just how hard it is to lose one cat but can't fathom losing two. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost don't know what to say, Deanna, except that I stopped by and read your latest entries - it's so very sad - let time unroll your grief and keep an eye peeled for lightness somewhere down the line, around the bend. Maybe stop by on FB?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugssupertight*

    I'm so sorry, petal. I can't imagine losing too family members in such a short space of time. I'll be thinking of you lots.

    Please be kind to yourself.

    *morehugsstrokespatscuddles*

    ReplyDelete