Monday, April 18, 2011

Purring Angel on my Shoulder

Sleep my forever friend
whose fluffy tail haunts me well
whose kitty kisses I may always feel
I know you are gone but I reach for you still
I never loved anything so completely
you were everything to me-you healed my heart so sweetly
you were the one joy which made my heart soar
with you, I couldn't possibly have asked for more
I gave you as much love as you gave to me
and I must admit I will never accept freely
that I had to let you go
too sudden this horrific show
a constellation of symptoms which let me know
that my sweet baby was suffering-
and I couldn't let you suffer, so-
I gave you back to heaven
where you came from originally
this angel on my shoulder- in kitty years was only eleven
yet for six months, she brought heaven down to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment